About the Team
The Finance & Strategy team accelerates the growth of our business by implementing new opportunities and solutions. We partner with teams across the company to improve the profitability, scalability and defensibility of our business model. We're looking for people who can model the future, solve complex issues, and collaborate to help carry projects from conception through execution. In a typical day, you may extract insights from data, build business cases for new products, and work to design and launch pilots. You'll help establish and lead some of the most impactful programs we undertake as a company.
About the Role
We are looking for an Associate who will work as a member of DoorDash's Finance & Strategy team, partnering with our Sales organizations to support our presale productivity across all markets. This is a high-visibility role that works on our most valuable and complex acquisition strategies. You will become an expert in DoorDash's business practices and develop an understanding of how all the parts of the business fit together. A successful Associate will help make recommendations that not only cater to our merchants, but also aligns with DoorDash's financial and overall goals.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Work with Sales leadership to develop financial forecasts and operational goals, along with financial insights to help plan and forecast
- Construct detailed financial models to inform investment decision-making process
- Track business/financial indicators, uncover trends and assess current/future business risks and opportunities
- Design reporting tools for your partners
- Evaluate and guide the sales compensation philosophy at DoorDash
We're excited about you because…
- Work with important partners to develop new processes and investment frameworks
- Guide strategic decisions in a changing environment
- Improve our approach to balancing growth vs. profitability
- Identify and measure important risks and opportunities in our business
- Support special projects to automate and scale forecasting and reporting tools, processes, and methodologies
- Track key business/financial indicators, uncover trends and assess current/future business risks and opportunities
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant fields
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience in business / analytics, business operations, monetization, growth strategy, consulting, investment banking, or other intensive roles at either high-growth technology startups or well-established companies
- Proficient in Microsoft excel (can perform complex functions)
- Work decisively and desire to manage projects from Day 1
- SQL experience preferred, or interested in learning
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.