The New Verticals team is seeking associates to join Regulatory Operations focusing on launching new facilities across the country. This position is responsible for driving the day to day work to research compliance requirements, interact with local jurisdictions, and work cross functionally with internal and external stakeholders. These individuals will help us improve our strategy and processes to run faster, more efficiently and at a lower cost.
What You’ll Do
- Build. You’ll have your fingerprints all over DoorDash’s next big business. You’ll do whatever it takes to launch, get 1% better every day, and scale something completely new. This means everything from high-level strategy to nitty-gritty operational details.
- Strategize. From first principles, you’ll develop the optimal strategy for best serving our customers.
- Analyze. You’ll assess the operational and financial impacts of your decisions, and iterate based on data.
- Streamline. Associates will work to streamline processes and tracking systems to identify the necessary requirements, and achieve compliance at launch.
- Lead and collaborate. You’ll help align with cross functional business partners spanning our corporate tax team, corporate legal team (internal/external counsel), Government Relations team, external vendors, third party vendors, and local government representatives, employees, or agents.
We are hiring for two different Associate level roles: (1) Zoning & (2) Core Entitlements.
- Zoning Regulatory Operations: Associates will conduct efficient research into local zoning requirements and partner closely with the Real Estate search team to define and support a path forward in cities across the United States. In addition to the day to day research and outreach, this team will support strategic thinking and process improvements to grow and scale over time.
- Core Entitlements Regulatory Operations: The Associate in the Core Entitlements role will define and execute a robust research and tracking effort for business licenses, food plan reviews, and other local entitlements for DashMarts across the United States. This position will work cross functionally with Construction, Launch Project Managers, Local Operations, Third Party vendors and city and state agencies to support the core entitlement processes and requirements to open each new location.
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term. No job is beneath you.
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments
- You’re analytical. You let data and your detailed research win arguments, and are comfortable pulling your own data in SQL or modeling in Excel.
- You’re relentless. You do what it takes to win, no matter what.
- You have 2-5 years of experience. You’ve succeeded in high-performance cultures (whether in tech, operations, strategy, consulting, food/beverage or construction).
- You have experience in real estate land use and zoning
- You have experience in city/ urban planning
- You have experience with core entitlement processes
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.