About the Team
DoorDash is looking for a Sales Strategy & Operations Director to establish our sales strategy roadmap and improve sales productivity by allowing our teams to be more engaging in targeting, closing, and growing restaurant partnerships. You'll work between our sales, partner management, operations, product, and analytics teams to manage a team of expert operators to help make our sales organization the most productive in the space.
About the Role
Doordash is in need of an experienced operator to continue building the team. This will include writing and building go-to-market playbooks, revenue optimization, strategic projects to enhance productivity, process and comp design, product roadmapping and launches, resource allocation, and pipeline analytics.You will play a leadership role within an amazing sales organization that's scaling quicker than we've been able to keep pace with, and we're looking for someone who's excited to build from the ground up. You will require prioritization and data-driven insights to ensure the team is working towards the right goals and has the tools needed to achieve them.
- 10+ years of experience in strategy and operations, business development, operations, or consulting; direct management experience, high-growth startup or sales ops experience
- 8+ years of direct management experience and hiring qualified candidates.
- Experience leading teams of people, hitting goals, and succeeding
- Provide relevant recommendations out of complex datasets; advanced SQL and Salesforce experience
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Develop projects against the sales strategy team for "winning the merchant"
- Use data-driven insights to run sales tests and lead market intelligence efforts
- Create the best merchant acquisition engine so DoorDash continues to offer the highest quality selection for its customers
- Build models to evaluate the economics, value, and opportunity costs of strategic plans intended to multiply rep productivity
- Manage projects with our sales, partner management, operations, product, engineering, business operations and BD teams to improve the merchant experience and achieve targets
We're excited about you because…
- You have experience working in a leadership role within a Sales Strategy & Ops function
- You can motivate people at all levels across a variety of job responsibilities
- You can translate high-level goals into applicable plans
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We believe - the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also aim to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.