Data Engineer | People Analytics
About the Team
At DoorDash, people are our most important asset. We build the capability to help our leaders make more informed decisions on identifying, attracting, developing, and retaining talent. We’re looking for a Data Engineer to help us scale our analytics alongside DoorDash’s enormous growth. Come build, experiment, and grow while shaping a best-in-class People Analytics team at DoorDash.
About the Role
DoorDash is seeking an experienced data engineer to join our People Analytics team. We’re a data-driven organization, empowering local economies and our people to do the best work of their careers. This role will get in on the ground floor helping to build and support the data infrastructure powering our data-driven insights to attract, develop, and retain the best talent to power and grow DoorDash. You will support and scale our people reporting and analytics within the People Team. In this role, you will partner with a team of analysts, scientists, and engineers to develop the tools and insights for our people and decision-makers. Come help us enable our business to garner insights and be a builder, engineer, consultant, and security/privacy advocate.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Architect and engineer our data infrastructure for people data
- Design and implement data warehouse schemas, tables, and views to provide a “single source of truth” on people data
- Develop ETL using tools such as Airflow and Glue for data profiling, cleaning, and aggregating data
- Support self-service analytics projects by creating secure data structures
- Provide underlying data support for all people metrics (recruiting pipelines, attrition, engagement, diversity and inclusion, compensation and benefits, etc.)
- Ensure data integrity across all people data
- Rigorously document system requirements and configuration to build operational excellence
- Understand and identify opportunities to improve, working closely with cross-functional teams
- Train peers on new processes and functionality as needed
- Help build data governance with a single source of truth
We’re excited about you because…
- 5-7 years of experience as a data engineer/architect
- Experienced with the full stack of data systems and technologies using AWS (Redshift, EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda, ect), SQL, Python, Snowflake, Apache (Airflow)
- Expert SQL skills and experience writing complex queries
- Advanced knowledge of the Python data stack and ETL
- You are a strong business thinker, able to use ‘first principles’ to solve challenging business problems at their root level
- You are data-driven, able to analyze data with strong attention to detail and accuracy, and passionate about telling the story behind the data hence turning the data into insight
- Nice to Haves
- Java experience
- R experience
- People data experience
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 3,300 cities across the United States and Canada.
We want to share our revolutionary logistics technology with every business around the world, to streamline how our cities and local economies work. Make no mistake, it isn’t going to be easy, and our mission isn’t for the faint of heart. But if you’re daring, and you want to make a dent, let’s chat. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.