About the Team
On the Outside Account Management team, we develop DoorDash partners to capture engagement, growth, and performance on our platform. We will establish success and build a plan to reach new heights, while accommodating the variable needs of our partners.
About the Role
We're looking for outside sales executives to join us in an Associate Strategic Account Development Executive role. You will connect existing merchant partners with new powerful tools on the DoorDash delivery platform. You will ensure the partnership terms make sense for both DoorDash and the merchant. You will ensure sustained success and increased sales. You will report to the Manager of Strategic Account Development.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Run your end-to-end sales process, with discovery and complex negotiation skills
- Excite our existing accounts on the potential to increase revenue share
- Close our partners on upgrades, upsells, and cross-sells of DoorDash platform products and marketing promotions
- Use internal data and unit economics to explain forecasted revenue growth and how we offer customized sales packages to improve sales, growth, and brand perception
- Build an internal playbook, while working with our Strategic Partner Managers to close and re-negotiate sales terms
- Travel across your region (up to 40%), while we offer flexible hours and options to work from home
We're excited about you because…
- You have 3+ years of sales experience with at least 1 years selling to existing client base (upsell, cross-sell, promotions, or expansions) or related experience
- You have worked in an outside sales environment, leading an end-to-end sales cycle
- You align company partners, while managing project timelines and expectations or related project management experience
- You have knowledge of Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and related data skills to create sales presentations
- You own client-facing conversations and complex negotiations
- You enjoy work-life balance and may work 1+ days per week in-office, 1-2 days per week in the field, and 2-3a days remote (work from home)
DoorDash is growing and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $59,400 - $68,400, plus opportunities for equity and an On Target Earnings range of $99,000 - $114,000. Compensation in other geographies may vary. We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.