About the Team
The Merchant Design team creates the tools merchants use every day to be successful on DoorDash. We aim to be the essential partner for every merchant, whether that's enhancing their in-store operations, helping them increase their sales and customers, providing a platform for white-labeled logistics, supporting custom e-commerce solutions, and more.
We are at the important point of transforming the user experience to the next level, and we are growing fast as our business expands beyond food delivery. Join us on our journey to accomplish our vision of becoming the last-mile logistics infrastructure for the world. We're looking for people excited to build tools to empower merchants large and small, everywhere. Our team is still at an early stage, which means you'll have the opportunity to shape the design culture and process from the ground up, and lead big and meaningful design problems.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Design Manager to lead the Core Merchant product design team. This role is responsible for some of the most important features of the merchant experience, including onboarding and activation, merchant data and insights, business management tools, and new platform opportunities. You will report directly to the Head of Merchant Design, and will lead a team of world-class designers to build the next generation of these tools, directly enabling the growth of our business.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Mange a diverse team of high-performing designers and leaders
- Lead the user experience of products from concept to launch
- Build strong relationships with Product, Engineering, and Operations to define your team's strategy
- Communicate your team's work to senior management and executives
- Cultivate a healthy design process that elevates the output of your team
- Coach and mentor designers, helping them develop and achieve career goals
- Recruit design talent who will raise the bar
- Lead the way we build the next generation of merchant tools at DoorDash
We're excited about you because…
- You have 10+ years of design experience, with 3+ years in team building and management
- You have managed a team of 5 or more designers
- You have a track record of recruiting and retaining world-class talent
- You have experience building and shipping products across a variety of platforms
- You have worked on large-scale, complex projects across multiple teams
- You excel at storytelling, making complex concepts simple and easy to understand
- You value high-quality well crafted visual design, and care about the details
- You know how to motivate a team, even in the most challenging times
- You are experienced at driving alignment with product and engineering, to stay customer-focused
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day. We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.