The Business Operations Analytics team drives operational excellence for our core consumer product. Our mission is to use data to tell the story around how we’re pacing against goals and develop actionable insights to grow the business.
As a Data Scientist on the Business Operations Analytics team, you’ll analyze business performance and recommend strategies to the executive team. You'll focus on international business operations and join a team with opportunities for growth. If you have a bias towards action, enjoy moving fast, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive business impact, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do
- Provide insights to help business and product leaders understand marketplace dynamics, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- Collect, process, and clean data from disparate sources using SQL, R, Python, or other scripting and statistical tools to identify trends and opportunities
- Identify and quantify levers to help move key metrics through large data-sets
- Conduct deep-dives to build & execute improvement strategies with our Strategy & Ops teams
- Drive company initiatives by identifying key metrics and building executive-facing dashboards to track progress
- Present in key meetings and business reviews with our executive team and founders
- Participate in design, execution, and analysis of experiments; driving rigor and testing culture through our operations teams
What We’re Looking For
- 4+ years of post-graduation experience with a mix of data analytics and management consulting/client-facing professional services
- Combination of SQL expertise and strong business acumen
- Experience building cross-functional relationships and communicating with executive leadership across multiple organizations
- Proficiency in one or more analytics & visualization tools (e.g. Chartio, Tableau)
- "Builder" attitude - You’re someone who can initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Obsessive about building KPIs and tracking outputs daily
- Understanding of statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions) and familiarity with statistical packages, such as Matlab, R, SAS or Python
Nice to Have
- Experience with marketplaces, logistics, or economics
- ETL experience
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.