About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to play a pivotal role in building our business in Japan! This is an exciting opportunity to create something great together and be a part of a global startup changing how local economies grow. We’re looking for people with deep market knowledge and are inspired to bring their vision, passion and skills to make an impact in our community. Join us in our global mission to empower and grow local economies.
As one of DoorDash’s core operations teams, Customer Experience is tasked with ensuring that there’s always someone there to help make things right when complications arise with fulfilling a delivery. Our team designs, manages and operates DoorDash’s large and growing global network of support centers, with the ultimate goal of delivering an effortless support experience, every time.
About the Role
This person will help ensure that every one of our consumers, merchants, and dashers get the help they need at the moment they need it. They will help manage our vendor partners and build a high-performing team to continuously improve our operations.
- This is a cross functional leadership role that will be expected to performance manage in-house and vendorized support staff
- They will need to “operate at the lowest level of detail”, methodically solving problems big and small-- such as one customer’s complaint or a process affecting millions.
- They will also oversee a team of Merchant Experience Partners who are directly responsible for the success of restaurants on our platform.
- Setting the right goals, making smart trade offs, and effectively advocating for the right solutions across our business will be critical to achieve success.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be one of our founding team members in the country, and will thus directly help shape the team our support strategy there.
- Be empowered to do whatever is necessary to build customer loyalty
- Advise the local and global teams on our international strategy
- Build and manage a team of high performing associates to continuously improve our support processes, policies, and staffing plan.
- Help DoorDash execute on a mission-critical growth objective by retaining our customers, merchants, and dashers when they’ve experienced a defect.
- Improve our product and service offerings by building a feedback loop with product, engineering, and logistics to prioritize and solve key defects at the source
- Generate, dig into, and leverage data and insights to identify opportunities to improve speed, quality, efficiency, effectiveness and customer experience.
We’re excited about you because…
- Have a demonstrated track record of success with 3+ years of experience in support operations, product operations, general management, management consulting, or equivalent experience
- Are comfortable autonomously building, leading, and motivating a high performing team in a rapidly evolving operations environment
- Can manage many initiatives while effortlessly diving into the details on any given topic
- At your core, are a data-driven, analytical problem solver, capable of solving new problems with new solutions
- Are motivated by an obsession with service quality; you want to do right by our customers and help DoorDash build a world-class customer experience
- Have strong analytical skills - ability to tell a compelling story with data to advocate for resources is a must
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.