At DoorDash we’re building the most scalable and reliable delivery network to support our three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers. On our Production Engineering and Platform Engineering teams we need to provide fundamental support to the underlying technology services as well as the engineers building these services. It’s no simple task, but it wouldn’t be interesting if it was!
Our team is looking for a Technical Program Manager for our International Engineering Team to drive important engineering-wide initiatives related to growing our existing International markets through strategic integrations, expanding product offerings, and regulatory compliance. Programs will require a strong technical understanding, general cross organization coordination/facilitation, stakeholder management, and ownership of results.
What You’ll Do
- Owning International Programs - You will partner closely with cross functional business and operation teams and key engineering and product leaders to establish the vision, strategy, technical direction and success metrics for our Canada and Australia markets, as well as other international expansion on the horizon. Focus areas for your programs will include driving integrations with strategic partners, expanding product offerings within the market through localization and ensuring compliance with local regulations.
- Planning & Execution Optimization - You will drive optimizations related to planning Engineering objectives and key results, develop frameworks for team execution/tracking and provide visibility to resource allocation and prioritization.
- Technical - You will develop a full understanding of our technical stack and interdependencies, allowing you to contribute to designs and ensure they are scalable, reliable, and efficient.
- Stakeholder Management - You will manage expectations for all stakeholders from leadership to individual teams, possess strong problem solving and negotiation skills, and earn trust of partners and teams.
- Navigating the Organization - You understand engineers and enjoy working with them, building trust by developing strong technical domain knowledge that adds value beyond project management.
- Communications - You’ll manage timely and succinct communications to leadership and across teams to ensure accountability and timeline management.
- Process - You’ll develop processes to ensure teamwork is streamlined to manage complexity and optimized velocity. You are thoughtful about how and when to implement processes with a light touch and clear understanding of success within DoorDash’s culture.
- Time Management - You’ll balance urgency and priority while moving the needle on multiple initiatives.
What We're Looking For
- 10+ years recent experience as a Technical Program Manager at a technology company.
- Experience working within product and platform teams building large-scale distributed systems. You can speak to system architecture, scalability and reliability decisions, and design trade offs.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with confidence, clarity, and focus. Able to convey concepts and considerations to non-experts and experts alike.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to collaborate and build relationships across organizations, bridge gaps between teams, and successfully influence without authority.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. A willingness to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details to understand and drive your programs.
- Direct engagement with Engineering teams on product development with a thorough understanding of software development processes including SDLC, Agile, and waterfall. Project planning/execution skills that include reviewing technical design documents, estimating, and scheduling.
- Excellent attention to detail and understanding of impact when changes occur to scope or timeline.
- Experience working in a startup environment desired.
Education & Training
- Bachelor's Degree
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.