DoorDash is looking for an engineering manager with strong product sense to lead various parts of the Merchant Experience team in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our vision is to build a trusted partnership with our merchants and empower them to operate and thrive in a convenience economy. We will focus on providing self-serve support, strengthening merchant-customer relationship, and a variety of other workflows critical to the merchants’ success. We also need to ensure a scalable and sustainable product with investment in technology, tooling, and platformization that scale with our needs.
What You’ll Do
- Scale the team by developing existing team members and attracting world-class talent
- Provide technical guidance and leadership for a fast growing team
- Engage with key business stakeholders to define the roadmap and vision
- Collaborate with the sales & operations team to define and execute on efficiency improvements
- Strong hands-on technical leader
- Strong product intuition
- Able to lead full-stack engineering teams - backend, web, mobile, and machine learning
- High-energy and confident - you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble - you’re willing to get into the details and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- 3+ years of experience in people management
- Extensive experience as an engineer in building, shipping and supporting business-facing products
- Well versed in operate in fast-paced environments and navigate through lots of ambiguities
- Able to deliver on immediate goals and form long-term strategies on technology, process, and people
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.