At DoorDash we’re building the most scalable and reliable delivery network to support our three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers. TPMs on our Engineering teams provide fundamental support to the underlying technology services as well as the engineers building these services. It’s no simple task, but it wouldn’t be interesting if it was!
Our team is looking for a Technical Program Manager for our Infrastructure Engineering Team to drive important engineering-wide initiatives related to core infrastructure, storage, core platform, developer platform, and site reliability. Programs will require a strong technical understanding, general cross organization coordination/facilitation, stakeholder management, and ownership of results.
What You Will Achieve
- Owning Infrastructure Programs - You will partner closely with the Director of Infrastructure Engineering and key engineering and product leaders to establish the vision, strategy, technical direction and success metrics for Infrastructure. Focus areas for your programs will include quality, reliability, security, compliance, planning, vendor and cost management, capacity planning, adoptions, and migrations.
- Planning & Execution Optimization - You will drive optimizations related to planning Engineering objectives and key results, develop frameworks for team execution/tracking and provide visibility to resource allocation and prioritization.
- Technical - You will develop a full understanding of our technical stack and interdependencies, allowing you to contribute to designs and ensure they are scalable, reliable, and efficient.
- Stakeholder Management - You will manage expectations for all stakeholders from leadership to individual teams, possess strong problem solving and negotiation skills, and earn trust of partners and teams.
- Navigating the Organization - You understand engineers and enjoy working with them, building trust by developing strong technical domain knowledge that adds value beyond project management.
- Communications - You’ll manage timely and succinct communications to leadership and across teams to ensure accountability and timeline management.
- Process - You’ll develop processes to ensure teamwork is streamlined to manage complexity and optimized velocity. You are thoughtful about how and when to implement processes with a light touch and clear understanding of success within DoorDash’s culture.
- Time Management - You’ll balance urgency and priority while moving the needle on multiple initiatives.
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years recent experience as an infrastructure Technical Program Manager or a similar role at a technology company.
- Experience in large-scale distributed systems. You can speak to system architecture, scalability and reliability decisions, and design trade offs.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with confidence, clarity, and focus. Able to convey concepts and considerations to non-experts and experts alike.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to collaborate and build relationships across organizations, bridge gaps between teams, and successfully influence without authority.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details to understand and drive your programs.
- Experience working with engineering teams implementing infrastructure technologies and driving adoption of these technologies across product and platform engineering teams. Project planning and execution skills that include reviewing technical design documents, estimating, and scheduling. Experience with broad adoption efforts.
- Excellent attention to detail and understanding of impact when changes occur to scope or timeline.
- Experience working in a startup environment desired.
Education & Training
- Bachelor's Degree
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.