About the Team
DoorDash is spearheading a major revolution in the world of logistics, with a vision to have a global reach. To help unlock this vision, we are looking for strong technical leaders with a deep product sense to be a part of our founding engineering team in Toronto.. You will help build world class, full stack engineering teams from scratch, while retaining, and growing top talent. You will own crucial business goals aligned with global expansion efforts, with a broad scope and company-wide impact.
You will work closely with Product leaders, GMs, Ops and Senior Engineering Leadership to build and deliver bold visions and roadmaps. Part of this will also involve platformization and innovation to unlock efficient hyper speed expansions.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Hire and manage a team of diverse engineers
- Cut through ambiguity within the global expansion space, and build a concrete roadmap to rally your team and stakeholders around.
- Partner closely with business, Ops and leadership groups to tackle strategic and tactical needs of countries we’re expanding into.
- Be deeply involved in Architecture reviews and designs to ensure we’re thinking long term while optimizing for fast delivery.
- Own operations of your systems while building a culture of Operational Excellence.
- Build an inclusive and collaborative team culture that fosters growth and innovation.
- Act as a coach and mentor to your team and not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and dig deep into the details when needed.
We’re excited about you because…
- At least 2 years experience in an engineering management role and at least 5 years of industry experience
- Proven track record of delivery while leading teams with big picture visions.
- Strong product focus and ability to work closely with Product managers and leaders.
- Deep Technical ability to design and review architectures and when needed, code.
- Proven ability to manage performance and career growth of engineering talent.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills across engineering teams and senior leadership.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave, and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.