About the Team
The International Partnerships team at DoorDash is a dynamic group of dealmakers who act as strategic partners to our teams in Japan, Australia, Canada, and Germany. This team’s mandate is to accelerate the business through transformational partnerships and strategic initiatives. This team works cross functionally with our Marketplace (Merchant, Dasher, and Consumer), Product, New Verticals, and Corporate Development/M&A teams to identify and execute against the highest leverage areas of opportunity in each international market. As part of the International Partnerships team you will be identifying, evaluating, and negotiating high-impact partnerships and transactions across complex industries (payments, logistics, telecom, real estate, insurance, etc) that have a significant impact on the growth trajectory of DoorDash Japan.
About the Role
The Head of Partnerships, Japan will lead the strategic partnerships function locally. In this role you will be expected to develop and execute on your own high-impact 6-12-18 month strategic roadmap based on the most pressing needs of the Japan market. This role is located in Tokyo and reports directly to the Head of International Partnerships.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Enjoy significant autonomy in developing and executing against your own strategic roadmap that you set with your cross-functional partners
- Be measured on your ability to drive clear business outcomes e.g. revenue growth, category share growth, Consumer/Dasher growth and retention, etc.
- Enjoy leading challenging and nuanced deal negotiations end-to-end, combining business, strategy, finance, marketing, and legal concepts
- Identify partnership opportunities across a variety of industries, building in-depth qualitative and quantitative business cases to back up your ideas
- Develop meaningful long-term relationships with external partners, including with C-level and senior executives
- Build relationships with the internal DoorDash team across product, engineering, marketing, communications, operations, and legal to ensure alignment on your initiatives before, during, and post deal signature
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 6+ years of experience in Strategic Partnerships, Business Development, Corporate M&A, Management Consulting, or a similar role
- You have a proven track record of getting deals of impact signed and executed
- You have the ability to logically frame a complex problem, provide the analysis required to answer the question, and create a solution
- You understand foundational legal concepts and excel in negotiating win-win agreements
- You excel at getting from 0 to 1 on new concepts/subject areas and have successfully negotiated partnerships across a variety of industries
- You enjoy solving problems with internal and external partners
- You excel in quickly evolving and often ambiguous environments
- You are a master networker and have established senior-level industry-relevant contacts across Japan
- You have native level Japanese and fluent English with excellent verbal/written communication and are effective at delivering executive-level presentations -- both internally and externally
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.