About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to play a pivotal role in building our business in Japan! This is an exciting opportunity to create something great together and be a part of a global startup changing how local economies grow. We’re looking for people with deep market knowledge who are inspired to bring their vision, passion and skills to enable us to best serve our merchants, Dashers and consumers. Join us in our global mission to empower and grow local economies.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a General Manager in Tokyo to devise and execute the overall operational strategy for winning across our three core customers; Dasher, merchant and consumer, in Tokyo.
As the CEO of Tokyo, you are directly responsible for the growth and success of numerous markets within DoorDash. General Managers are agile, smart, analytical and most importantly, effective, results driven leaders.
The city will pose its own set of unique challenges and you are held accountable for identifying strategies to win and working with cross functional teams to successful execution. Ideally you have experience successfully managing a portfolio of businesses towards growth and profitability. As a General Manager, you will take point on deploying experiment initiatives and you have a strong ability to lead and influence cross-functionally. If you are an experienced operations leader and ready to win, read on!
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategise – Devise and execute the overall operational strategy for winning the Dasher, merchant and consumer across the Tokyo market
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Operations, Product, Engineering, Business Operations, Sales, Account Management, and BD teams to improve the dasher, merchant and customer experience
- Own the Market – You are ultimately responsible for hitting top line and profitability goals for your city. You must be able to diagnose & address problems quickly, have foresight into potential issues and lead your team in hitting goals at 110%
- Business Development – Being an effective salesperson is crucial for every individual within our Strategy & Operations team. You are expected to be able to navigate complex negotiations and close deals with top merchants in the market
We're excited about you because you have…
- 8+ years, including management experience, in operations / consulting / strategy / business development / technology / banking / analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- A proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Japanese and English fluency
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.