Please note that our current recruiting process is entirely via phone and Zoom
About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to play a pivotal role in growing our Australian business. This is a rare opportunity for someone who is excited about joining a fast-paced start-up and building something great. We’re looking for hustle, smarts, and deep market knowledge to enable us to best serve our merchants by bringing to market game changing products that will better service their needs, as well as finding new ways to grow our partners business on our platform. Join our never-ending pursuit to empower economies in Australia and across the globe.
About the Role
As the Associate Manager, Pricing & Product, you will help create a truly merchant first platform by devising pricing strategies and initiatives to accelerate the growth of our partnered businesses. You will find the balance of creating new pricing packages, bringing to life our suite of products we offer merchants and other drive revenue building initiatives that will grow our partners profitability and support the growth of their business.
This role will drive growth in the Australian merchant organisation through data-driven decision making, and coordination of cross functional partners to execute against your plan. You will build and execute go-to-market playbooks, revenue optimise, be an owner of knowledge for all teams involved and execute with superior outcomes. This will be an ambiguous role, and will require high amounts of autonomy, and planning to continue pushing the envelope of success in Australia.
We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, can see the bigger picture, able to execute, coordinate cross functional partners, and has exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
Our mission is to empower local economies and connect businesses. As DoorDash accelerates, we’re looking for a leader to fulfil that mission and scale our services and operations across our growing partner base. You’ll be an innovator who will promote growth and learn where we create value for our next customer.
What you’ll do...
- Strategise – Devise and execute initiatives against the overall sales org strategy for “winning the merchant"
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision-making and sound business judgment to run sales tests and lead market intelligence efforts
- Optimise – Build the best merchant acquisition engine so DoorDash continues to offer the highest quality selection for its customers
- Analyse – Build models to evaluate the economics, value, and opportunity costs of strategic initiatives intended to multiply rep productivity
- Entrepreneurial – You have a bias towards action, an ownership mentality and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve and want to share the vision and direction of the company
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- Lead and collaborate – You’ll work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Analytics, and Account Managers to refine platform capabilities.
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity – Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments.
We’re excited about you because you have…
- Demonstrated experience in strategy and operations, project management, program management, product launch, operations, or consulting; high-growth startup or launching major products in market is preferred
- A proven track record of operating in cross-functional initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a complex and fast moving environment
- An analytical mindset and can deliver actionable recommendations out of complex datasets; SQL experience is preferred and/or any financial modelling experience
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favourite local and national businesses in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com. .
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to thrive.