About the Team
At DoorDash, we're redefining the future of on-demand delivery. We're building a small team of experienced product leaders to define and build on our vision of connecting local delivery networks in cities all across the world.
We’re looking for a Director of Product to head up our delivery platform - DoorDash Drive. The Drive team’s mission is to be the easiest and most efficient way to deliver anything locally. By going beyond just the restaurants on our marketplace and making logistics available as a service to any business, we intend to operate the underlying delivery infrastructure for the entire city. We do this because we believe that easy and affordable access to last-mile distribution is going to make local economies more successful.
- DoorDash’s delivery technology will support all types of goods, not just food.
- Merchant’s owned delivery experiences, across ecommerce, apps, and other channels will be powered by DoorDash.
- We will intelligently bundle and match delivery opportunities across all these use cases with Dashers to achieve the highest efficiency.
About the Role
You'll work among engineers, designers, analysts and operators in a fast-growing environment. The role requires a mix of great technical depth, principled thinking and well-honed product judgment. Given the three-sided nature of our business, you will not have the luxury of having tunnel-vision for any one area; rather, you will need to think holistically and understand the business deeply to set the right long-term strategy for the company.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Own the vision of how our delivery platform evolves and what verticals and use cases we develop.
- Manage, develop, and hire a large team of all-star product managers.
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering, design, operations, and marketing. You'll guide product definition, strategy, and long-term vision for merchant services and experiences to drive revenue.
- Identify the biggest problems to solve. Drive new feature development from start to finish delivering outstanding results.
- Engage and cultivate relationships with key merchants to deeply understand their businesses and inform product direction.
- Maintain a strong culture of data informed product development. Consistently integrate behavior data and customer feedback into essential product decisions.
- Communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences - within teams, company, to users, press etc.
- You will report to the Senior Director of Platform Product.
We’re excited about you because…
- Experience influencing product direction and others around you. You handle chaos, ambiguity and complexity in a detailed, organized way
- Expert product instincts and an ability to balance user and business impact
- Shipped creative and highly successful B2B or consumer tech products; involved in process end-to-end
- Clear, concise, and thorough written and oral communication skills
- Experience analyzing and using data to inform decisions
- 4+ years of experience managing product managers
- 10+ years of product management experience. Additional engineering or design experience is a plus!
Nice to Haves
- Computer Science degree or coded production-level web/mobile apps in the past
- Experience starting/scaling a successful startup from the ground up
- Interest in logistics, online-to-offline, on-demand services, transportation, or marketplaces
- Avid DoorDash user
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.