Chowbotics is at the forefront of bringing automation into the food industry as part of DoorDash. We develop and ship robots that enable convenience through food automation. Our robots are often characterized as compact micro-restaurants that can provide customizable, fresh, healthy meals in closer proximity to consumers than any other food source. We are a team of engineers and innovators that have exciting plans for scaling and developing cloud-managed advanced food robots.
We are looking for a self-motivated software test engineer with a passion for delivering perfect, flawless products, to join our Chowbotics team in Pune, India.
What You’ll Do
- Manual and automated testing of the various software components that power our robots, cloud services, and mobile and Web applications.
- “Own” the feature or product you test and be the testing expert for your features and products.
- Gather technical requirements, understand functional specification, participate in software design reviews, and validate that a feature or product meets our customers’ requirements.
- Write test plans, execute test cases, and report bugs.
- Your bug reports should describe, in detail, the conditions under which a bug manifests and how it can be reproduced, the resulting product behavior, and the extent of the bug’s impact on our customers.
- Automate software testing to the extent possible to make it more efficient.
- Reproduce and debug customer issues escalated from the field.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in CS/CE/IT/EE/E&TC or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in software testing, particularly in Web, mobile, cloud, and embedded systems applications.
- Experience in writing software test plans, executing test cases, and managing the end-to-end bug life cycle.
- Strong analytical, debugging, and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Java and Python programming skills.
- Familiarity with Android and iOS mobile app testing automation using Appium, and Android and iOS emulators.
- Ability to work well in a team, including remote team members in overseas locations.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with tools such as Eclipse (IDE), TestNG, Maven, Selenium, and JIRA.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.