About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to play a pivotal role in building our business in Australia! This is an exciting opportunity to create something great together and be a part of a global startup changing how local economies grow. We’re looking for people with deep market knowledge and are inspired to bring their vision, passion and skills to make an impact in our community. Join us in our global mission to empower and grow local economies.
As one of DoorDash’s core operations teams, Customer Experience is tasked with ensuring that there’s always someone there to help make things right when complications arise with fulfilling a delivery. Our team designs, manages and operates DoorDash’s large and growing global network of support centres, with the ultimate goal of delivering an effortless support experience, every time.
About the Role
This person will be responsible for ensuring every one of our consumers, merchants, and dashers get the help they need at the moment they need it. This will require building a high-performing team to continuously improve our operations, both within Support and across our operational teams.
- This is a cross functional leadership role that will be accountable for the success of customer experience– including CSAT and cost–in Australia.
- This person will be expected to oversee strategy development, execution, and resource procurement to enable growth and retention in the market.
- They will need to “operate at the lowest level of detail”, methodically solving problems big and small-- such as one customer’s complaint or a process affecting millions.
- Setting the right goals, making smart tradeoffs, and effectively advocating for the right solutions across our business will be critical to achieve success.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Create and execute on a strategy to customise our support processes, policies, and staffing plan for the Australian market
- Help DoorDash execute on a mission-critical growth objective by retaining our customers, merchants, and dashers when they’ve experienced a defect
- Improve our product and service offerings by building a feedback loop with product, engineering, and logistics to prioritize and solve key defects at the source
- Generate, dig into, and leverage data and insights to identify opportunities to improve speed, quality, efficiency, effectiveness and customer experience.
- Have the opportunity to grow into a broader role as we continue to expand internationally
We’re excited about you because you…
- Have a demonstrated track record of success with 8+ years of experience in support operations, product operations, general management, management consulting, or equivalent experience
- Are comfortable building, leading, and motivating a large, high performing team in a rapidly evolving operations environment
- Can manage a broad portfolio of initiatives while effortlessly diving into the details on any given topic
- At your core, are a data-driven, analytical problem solver, capable of solving new problems with new solutions
- Are motivated by an obsession with service quality; you want to do right by our customers and help DoorDash build a world-class customer experience
- Have strong analytical skills - ability to tell a compelling story with data to advocate for resources is a must
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall wellbeing by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.