About the Role
You will support the Accounts Receivable function including collections, dispute resolution and customer service. You will have direct impact on essential financial metrics i.e. DSO, % past due and bad debt. You will report into the Collections Manager on our fast-growing Accounting team.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Oversee collection of past due invoices through phone calls and emails
- Resolve invoice/payment settlement disconnects, past due invoices, deductions, and account cash.
- Research credits for pricing discrepancies and disputes
- Resolve queue and general inbox customer inquiries
- Build loyal relationships with customers
- Monitor customer delinquency and report material payment delays to the immediate manager
- Evaluate the systems used and prepare well researched recommendations for enhancements
- Maintain accurate and complete customer files to help provide service to our customers
We're excited about you because…
- 3+ years of collection experience in a shared service environment supporting North American customers
- Written and verbal proficiency in English
- Bachelors Finance/Accounting
- Experience managing collections and reducing AR aging balances
- Advanced Excel skills (can perform complex functions)
- Experience with NetSuite and third-party collection software (Get Paid High Radius)
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day. We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.