About the Team
It’s an exciting time to join our rapidly growing Accounting team with ample development opportunities and be part of a growing and dynamic Accounts Receivable team. We are looking for a Collections Manager to help shape our Accounts Receivable (AR) team. You will report into the Director of AR on our Accounting team in our DoorDash Marketplace organization.
About the Role
This role will be responsible for supporting Accounts Receivable including collections, dispute resolution and customer service. This role will have direct impact on key financial metrics i.e. DSO, % past due and bad debt.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead and motivate a growing team of AR Collection analysts to support North American customers
- Provide clear and direct leadership to the collections team
- Take necessary collection actions to secure payments within terms and minimize bad debt
- Respond to customer inquiries within stated SLA
- Deliver/exceed KPI (% current, % past due, DSO)
- Identify internal challenges that impact a positive customer service experience resulting in delayed payments
- Address and resolve customer disputes
- Monitor portfolio daily including delinquent accounts and payment plans.
- Provide consistent and effective feedback to the team on an individual level and as a collective
- Participate in internal and external audit reviews
- Assist with the month end AR checklist
- Have the ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
We’re excited about you because…
- Exceptional English skills (Verbal and Written)
- Bachelors Finance/Accounting
- 5+ years of leadership experience managing a large team in AR (Collection, credit, Cash Apps) shared service environment supporting North American customers
- Proven track record of successfully managing collections and reducing AR aging balances
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Strong spreadsheet skills, with the ability to manipulate and digest large amounts of data required
- Netsuite and third party collection software (Get Paid High Radius) a plus
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.