About the Team
The Communications team tells the story of how DoorDash empowers local economies by connecting customers to the best of their communities. The team works with a variety of essential partners, touching every corner of the organization. Creativity coupled with strong team culture, are what makes this group dynamic.
You will be a part of DoorDash's Communication + Policy team, which supports our strategy, enhances our long-term relationships with our core audiences of Dashers, Merchants, Consumers, and shareholders, inspires our candidates, and brings our mission to life.
About the Role
You will report into the Senior Manager, Social Impact Communication on our Public Affairs team in the larger global Communications organization.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Work with the Public Affairs Communications team, and the Public Policy, GR and Social Impact teams, to help communicate the DoorDash story, demonstrating our support for Merchants, Dashers, and Consumers in the communities we serve.
- Draft, edit, and manage earned and owned communications materials including editorial calendars, press releases, pitches, blog posts, coverage reports, and media lists, to support a wide array of company and policy news, from new initiative announcements to reactive media messaging.
- Track communications projects in motion and maintain up-to-date status in a fast-moving business environment.
- Develop media relationships with a diverse set of reporters and help manage daily media requests.
- Support state public affairs campaigns and local earned media efforts, from planning to executing to reporting back results.
- Identify new topics and trends or industry happenings to use.
- Work with Policy and Comms teams to create a variety of collateral to aid in our engagement efforts.
We're excited about you because…
- You have a bachelor's degree or higher.
- You have 2+ years experience in communications, PR, or journalism.
- You're interested in public policy and the role of public affairs to support communications and our goals.
- You have experience flourishing in fast-paced, fluid and challenging environments.
- You have experience working with multiple project teams, including peers and senior management.
- You have excellent project management skills, and can manage multiple time-sensitive projects under tight deadlines.
- You take your work, but not yourself, seriously—and maintain a good sense of humor about both.
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash...
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
- We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave, and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.