About the Team
Chowbotics is at the forefront of bringing automation into the food industry as part of DoorDash. We develop and ship robots that promote convenience through food automation. Our robots are often characterized as compact micro-restaurants that can provide customizable, fresh, healthy meals in closer proximity to consumers than any other food source. We are a team of engineers and manufacturing innovators that have exciting plans for scaling and developing new and more advanced food robots.
About the Role
The Robotics Technician role is a highly flexible role involving production and quality assurance work on robots and several other tasks to support Engineering, Operations, Facilities, and Warehousing. We are looking for teammates with excellent time management skills, experience succeeding in a self-starting environment, and who always give it their best shot. As an essential member of the Operations Team, the Robotics Technician would be part of a global team of detail-oriented and motivated individuals who are committed to advancing robotic technology to improve people's lives. You will report to the Manufacturing team of the Chowbotics organization.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Ensure outstanding QA through robot and software maintenance and testing and detailed documentation of observations
- Test and configure robots to customer requirements
- Exhibit excellence when staffing product demos, in-market events, or onsite deployments
- Handle shipping and receiving of machines, parts, and items for daily operations
- Develop assets to help with onboarding, machine use and training for a growing team
- Identify opportunities for process and technical improvements to improve organizational operations
- Support Engineering team in testing new software features and hardware changes
- Manage the Chowbotics fleet of robots, and help customers and account managers troubleshoot remotely
We're excited about you because you have…
- High school Diploma and 5+ years of work experience working as a operation Technician
- Capacity to succeed in a fast, self-starting environment applying your drive, creativity, and intellect to adapt to ever-changing needs
- Excellent verbal and written skills with outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Worked across departments to assist customers
- Ability to be on your feet, move heavy product, and physically lift up to 40 lbs, with or without accommodation.
- 1+ years of experience with networking and router configuration/setup.
Nice to Have
- Test and activate credit card readers.
- 1+ years of experience with microcontrollers.
- Use a pallet jack /or hand truck.
- if you are interested or have worked with robots, refrigeration systems or commercial kitchen equipment
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer - great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.