About the Team
DoorDash is growing and scaling at an unprecedented rate, and we are hiring a Director of Global Compensation to help shape our future.
DoorDash is seeking a leader for our Global Compensation team who will enable us to efficiently scale from 5,000 to 10,000 employees. You will own the strategy and implementation of key processes, programs, and policies that enable the People team to operate effectively and deliver a world-class employee experience. This is a unique opportunity to drive impact at DoorDash at an inflection point where our focus is on achieving global scale, enabling new lines of business, and serving new employee segments.
At DoorDash, we believe that we are a career destination where everyone, especially women of all backgrounds and people of color, can do the very best work of their careers. Our employees are our most important customers and we believe that an inclusive company culture drives stronger results. As part of the Total Rewards function, the Global Compensation team strives to provide a consistent and inclusive experience for all DoorDash employees across the globe, regardless of their location, background or job responsibility.
About the Role
The Director of Global Compensation is responsible for the development, implementation, and management of DoorDash's compensation strategy, globally. As the Director of Global Compensation, you will provide leadership in scaling compensation programs as DoorDash scales, and contribute to the overall strategic direction and alignment of all compensation programs within DoorDash's Total Rewards strategy.
You will report to the Vice President of Total Rewards on our Total Rewards team in our People organization. You will manage the Compensation team, hire additional team members, and be an essential partner to our Management Team, Leadership Team and People Team. We are considering candidates across the U.S. provided they are open to travel as needed post COVID-19. DoorDash employees are working remotely through at least December 31, 2021.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- You will build, develop, guide, and implement our company-wide compensation strategy and programs to support the changing needs of DoorDash employees, in alignment with DoorDash's Total Rewards philosophy.
- You will be a sponsor, strategic partner, and thought leader for compensation at DoorDash by making data driven decisions, applying your deep expertise and by keeping your finger on the pulse of industry best practices, benchmarks, and the latest compensation approaches.
- You will lead, manage, develop, coach and mentor others on the Compensation Team by fostering psychological safety where every team member can contribute and be their best selves.
- You will lead, manage and evaluate the implementation, oversight and management of DoorDash's compensation programs, policies, plans and processes, globally.
- You will oversee M&A due diligence, resource planning and integration activities for the compensation function.
- You will collaborate with internal business partners and ensure compliance with reporting and global, federal, state and local requirements.
We're excited about you because…
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Math or a related field and at least 10+ years of experience focused on building, developing and scaling programs, globally.
- You are an authentic, inspiring and hands on leader who has previously led and managed a team with at least 2 direct reports.
- You can clearly translate vision into executable strategy, have a keen ability to deliver against a plan with a strong bias for action, and have a proven track record for designing, driving, managing and scaling compensation programs through policies, processes, and systems.
- You have deep listening and exceptional stakeholder management skills; you pride yourself on being an effective communicator and building strong relationships that serve as one of the foundations of your leadership.
- You have strong business acumen, data analysis skills and a deep understanding of equity/stock compensation.
- You are skilled at change management and have the agility to adapt in an evolving business while staying focused on the anchors of your goals and the Total Rewards strategy.
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day. We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.