About the Team
DoorDash is growing and scaling at an unprecedented rate, and we are hiring a Senior Director of Global Compensation to help shape our future.
DoorDash is looking for a leader for our Global Compensation team who will help us efficiently scale from 5,000 to 10,000 employees. You will oversee the strategy and implementation of important processes, programs, and policies that allow the People team to operate effectively and achieve a world-class employee experience. This is a unique opportunity to drive impact at DoorDash at an inflection point where our focus is on achieving global scale, enabling new lines of business, and serving new employee segments.
At DoorDash, we believe that we are a career destination where everyone, especially women of all backgrounds and people of color, can do the very best work of their careers. Our employees are our most important customers and we believe that an inclusive company culture drives stronger results. As part of the Total Rewards function, the Global Compensation team strives to provide a consistent and inclusive experience for all DoorDash employees across the globe, regardless of their location, background or job responsibility.
About the Role
The Senior Director of Global Compensation manages the development, implementation, and management of DoorDash's compensation strategy, globally. As the Senior Director of Global Compensation, you will provide leadership in scaling compensation programs as DoorDash scales, and contribute to the strategic direction and alignment of all compensation programs within DoorDash's Total Rewards strategy.
You will report to the Vice President of Total Rewards on our Total Rewards team in our People organization. You will manage the Compensation team, hire additional team members, and be an essential partner to our Management Team, Leadership Team and People Team. We are considering candidates across the U.S. provided they are open to travel as needed post COVID-19.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- You will develop our company-wide compensation strategy and programs to support the changing needs of DoorDash employees, in alignment with DoorDash's Total Rewards philosophy.
- You will be a sponsor, strategic partner, and thought leader for compensation at DoorDash by making data driven decisions, applying your deep expertise and by keeping your finger on the pulse of industry best practices, benchmarks, and the latest compensation approaches.
- You will manage, develop, coach and mentor others on the Compensation Team by promoting psychological safety where every team member can contribute and be their best selves.
- You will lead, manage and evaluate the implementation, oversight and management of DoorDash's compensation programs, policies, plans and processes, globally.
- You will oversee M&A due diligence, resource planning and integration activities for the compensation function.
- You will work with internal partners and ensure compliance with reporting and global, federal, state and local requirements.
We're excited about you because…
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Math or a related field and at least 15+ years of experience focused on developing and scaling programs, globally.
- You are an authentic, inspiring and hands-on leader who has previously led and managed a team of managers.
- You can translate vision into executable strategy, have a keen ability to deliver against a plan with an operational mindset, and have a track record for designing, driving, managing and scaling compensation programs through policies, processes, and systems.
- You have exceptional stakeholder management skills; you pride yourself on building strong relationships that serve as one of the foundations of your leadership.
- You have strong business acumen, data analysis skills and a deep understanding of equity/stock compensation.
- You can apply change management and thrive in an evolving business while staying anchored to your goals and the Total Rewards strategy.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $216,000 - $324,000, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.