About the Team & the Role
DoorDash's mission is to grow and empower local economies. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash connects people with the local businesses they care about — helping grow businesses and the communities that support those businesses. This mission is enabled by our 3 key audiences (Consumers, Merchants & Dashers) and the goal of the Audience Insights team is to ensure their voice is represented across the business.
As the Senior Manager of Audience Insights, you will be joining this recently established team at a unique, exciting, and pivotal time. You will have the opportunity to be hands-on while also contributing to the strategic vision and mission of the function. This role will be reporting to the Director of Audience Insights who is dedicated to creating a team filled with diverse-minded, curious, creative, motivated, and inspiring people that genuinely enjoy finding new ways of understanding people at their core and unlocking it for others.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Use creativity and technical expertise to design and conduct evocative qualitative and quantitative research
- Design Insights Roadmaps that uncover insights that shape our business, product, and marketing strategies
- Cultivate a company culture that can identify and action against insights
- Establish foundational research that will inform both immediate and long term strategic decisions
- Craft compelling stories that stimulate decisions
- Enable the business to be attuned to what it takes to meet the needs of all our audiences: Dasher, Consumer, & Merchant.
- Build and oversee vendor relationships
- Continually improve and refine how we get a better understanding of our audiences we serve
We are excited about you because you…
- Are innately curious about people and want to understand what makes them tick
- Thrive in complex atmospheres with multiple priorities to handle
- Understand how to guide right-sizing research to best meeting business needs
- Ability to build rapport while promoting the needs of the audience
- Can engage business partners through presentations and crafted content
- Are strategic and business-conscious, continuously pushing for the "so-what" in data trends
… and have the following experience
- 7+ years of experience in Marketing Research or Insights
- 4+ years of experience of driving research roadmaps end-to-end
- Experience across multiple types of research: concept development, copy testing, ethnography, segmentation, brand health, etc.
- Self-moderating 1-on-1 interviews and focus groups and facilitating internal/external group sessions
- Framing ambiguous problems into actionable steps
- Creatively using primary and secondary research methods to answer difficult questions
- Uncovering compelling insights that promote growth
- Strategic and business-minded - you find trends in the data and look for the "so what"
- Creative and collaborative - you love working with a team and solving challenging problems
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day. We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.