DoorDash is looking for a strategic lawyer to join our legal leadership team as Head of Corporate Legal. As DoorDash's business grows, you will further build our corporate team and have responsibility for all corporate legal matters, including SEC and stock exchange reporting and requirements, corporate governance matters, corporate entity management (including for international expansion), and all strategic transactions. You'll develop skills in, and own, several matters as additional legal needs arise. You're an ideal fit for the role if you're an experienced lawyer with tremendous capability and a leader who is to improve immediate impact across the company.
Reporting to: VP, Legal
About the Team
DoorDash's Legal Team has built a reputation within the company for our collaborative approach to counseling. We are a diverse group of lawyers with a shared passion for providing creative service to our partners. We go above and beyond to help accelerate and protect the business, and above all else, we value each other as teammates. We're looking for a who can work across the legal team, and the broader company. Join us!
About the Role
- Provide legal oversight for all SEC reporting and stock exchange compliance; help guide all public disclosure related issues; legal oversight of quarterly earnings and investor relations related disclosures; and advise on all shareholder related matters
- Prepare board and committee materials; development and management of our corporate governance programs; and advise on all other board related matters
- Oversee financing and strategic transactions, including mergers and acquisitions
- Support international corporate governance, international registration, and management of subsidiary entities
- Provide general advice and counsel to leaders in DoorDash's Finance, Accounting, Tax, Insurance, and Investor Relations teams
- Lead a small (but mighty!) corporate team
- 12+ years of experience as a corporate securities or corporate transactions attorney (a mix of law firm and in-house experience at a public company)
- Combine and present complex ideas simply and understandably to employees at all levels and to our management team and board
- Create clarity and bring focus and direction to the most important priorities to promote the biggest impact, avoid the most risks, and provide the greatest return on the investment of time and resources
- Have experience encouraging a team culture based on empathy, collaboration, mutual respect, and is someone who genuinely cares about the people they lead
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to ensuring new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 3000 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day. We are learners – Everyone here is learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers. We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also aim to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.