About the Team
Chowbotics is at the forefront of bringing automation into the food industry as part of DoorDash. We develop and ship robots that enable convenience through food automation. Our robots are often characterized as compact micro-restaurants that can provide customizable, fresh, healthy meals in closer proximity to consumers than any other food source. We are a team of engineers and manufacturing innovators that have exciting plans for scaling and developing new and more advanced food robots.
About the Role
In this position you will be responsible for utilizing firmware to test the hardware components of our robots. You will report into the Engineering Manager of our Hardware Team in our Chowbotics organization.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Develop intimate knowledge of the robotics system's firmware
- Make modifications to system firmware to provide a complete diagnostic firmware/software test harness to validate the product operation
- Design, fabricate, and deploy complex test hardware/software systems in support of product validation
- Define and oversee deployment of the test infrastructure while managing a validation budget within limits agreed upon with management
- Mentor and coach engineering staff on building a world class test and measurement platform
- Work with development and manufacturing partners to validate their test plans and best practices
- Architect, write, and execute individual portions of the overall test plan
- Generate and manage specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, quality control procedures, test reports and other documentation in support of design
We're excited about you because…
- BS in Electrical Engineering, AS in Computer Science/Engineering, or a minimum of 8 years of relevant test and validation experience in high volume manufacturing
- A high level of motivation and ability to drive architecture, design, and deployment of test systems
- Experience as both an individual contributor and as a technical lead or program manager within a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Mechanical assembly experience - ability to work with metals and plastics to fabricate test infrastructure
- Computer and networking experience - able to build a PC and integrate it into a test network
- Robust knowledge of LabVIEW, Python, C++, MATLAB and other relevant test and measurement software packages
- A self-motivated and active problem-solver
- Experience managing ECOs and other manufacturing knowledge
- Ability to drive Solidworks CAD software
- Deep expertise and experience with firmware and software tools
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.