About the Team
The Public Policy and Social Impact Team is a fast-growing, dynamic, collaborative group working to help Dashers, local businesses, and cities thrive. From creating new protections and benefits for workers, to supporting small businesses through innovative partnerships, to connecting communities in need with the power of last-mile logistics, we are at the cutting edge of public policy issues at all levels of government.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a results-oriented leader to join our growing global Public Policy team, supporting our Strategic Partnerships and Innovation Policy (SPIP) function, which advances our vision for Dasher empowerment through external and cross-functional partnerships. This role is based in San Francisco and will report to the Public Policy and Partnerships Lead.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Develop and manage policy programs and partnerships to empower and engage Dashers, including with third party partners like the National Urban League
- Develop and execute projects that inform, validate, and advance our vision for the Future of Work
- Lead cross-functional work streams with DoorDash’s Dasher-focused Marketing and Operations teams to engage, empower and connect with Dashers
- Apply analytical rigor to design programs that meet objectives and achieve measurable results
- Measure success and work with Communications and Marketing on storytelling
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience in public policy, operations, consulting, or project management
- You’re mission-aligned with DoorDash’s vision to empower Dashers to thrive on our platform
- You’re impeccably organized and can manage time well, especially in a fast-paced work environment
- You’re an excellent written and verbal communicator
- You’re a self-starter, intrinsically motivated and possess an intellectual curiosity that will help you navigate new challenges
- You love the idea of working on a team that’s at the cutting edge of public policy challenges in the tech sector
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university, Master’s Degree preferred
- Bonus points if you have corporate experience, particularly in the tech industry
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.