About the Team
On the Merchant Strategy & Ops team, our mission is to have best-in class restaurant selection, build services for our merchants to grow their business, and help our partners operate. Our Canadian team is situated across the country and works with our counterparts globally as we share best practices and essential insights with one another.
About the Role
As the Director of Merchant Strategy, you'll set the strategy for our merchant business for the Canadian market. You will own the outcomes of the three pillars of our merchant business: ensuring our marketplace has the best selection possible, that our partners see value in the products we are bringing to market, and that we are assisting all cohorts of merchants in operating with all services to maximize the value of our partnerships. You will be a mix of strategy, execution and people leadership.
You will report directly to the Director of Merchant Strategy, International in Canada, on our Merchant Strategy & Operations organization.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build Strategy for the Market – You will oversee the strategic vision for DoorDash's merchant (business) audiences including market level approaches for the merchants and localized efforts.
- Run the Plan to Delivery – You will not just have the vision, but work on the plans to bring your strategy to life. You'll focus on go to market planning for new DoorDash merchant projects to increase value to our customer & merchant audiences.
- Build models to establish merchant segments, understand merchant performance, and identify new opportunities to promote value.
- Build Relationships – Work with our multiple partners (Sales, Product, General Managers) to ensure that the vision and plans for the Canadian market are understood around the business, multiple teams are motivated to engage, and that the business is balanced across teams.
- Lead a Team of High Performers – Work with a team of motivated individuals who are growing the market and managing outcomes themselves.
We're excited about you because…
- You let data win arguments, and you're comfortable pulling your data in SQL or modeling in MS Excel.
- 10+ years of work experience. Specifically across: consulting / strategy / business development / operations / technology / banking or related experience. High-growth or early-stage startup experience
- You can tell the story to different audiences and through different mediums (and French language capability is a bonus).
- You can translate high-level goals into relevant plans
- People management experience, across full-time and hourly employees, and a track record as a culture carrier with an advocate for DEI plans
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day. We are learners – Everyone here is learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also aim to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.