About the Role
DoorDash’s mission is to grow and empower local economies. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash connects people with the local businesses they care about — helping grow businesses and the communities that support those businesses, with an initial focus on restaurants. We believe the future of restaurants is at restaurants, and it’s our job to help SMB restaurants navigate into that ever-changing future.
To further this mission, we’re looking for a product marketing leader to lead our product suite strategy across white label and Marketplace products. As Director of Product Marketing, Merchant Product Suite, you will be responsible for defining our cross-product vision, including pricing, positioning, and how we bring this vision to market. You’ll work closely with our Insights team to define our SMB restaurant segments and collaborate with Product and S&O to build and launch product bundles to meet each segment’s needs. You will define new products to help Merchants grow their business and execute campaigns working across sales and scaled channels to encourage adoption of those tools. As the first true people lead reporting to the head of B2B Product marketing, you’ll also be responsible for leading a small and growing team of PMMs and Enablement associate(s).
The ideal candidate will be comfortable operating at highly strategic and tactical levels, switching between them effortlessly. You won’t be afraid to roll-up your sleeves and own the success of a launch. You will be deeply grounded in audience insights through partnership with research, sales, and by driving original research to better understand the needs of the Merchant audience. You will leverage those insights to build consensus and form trusted relationships to influence the direction of the product and business roadmaps. You will thrive on analytics and set a learning agenda for all projects that raises the bar for impact against engagement and business goals.
This role is flexible on location for internal candidates.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Define our 18-month cross-product strategy to encourage adoption of merchant products and drive revenue for merchants and DoorDash
- Partner closely with internal teams and external partners to develop a foundational understanding of merchant audience segments and leverage this to define the strategy for growing and retaining merchants, starting with a needs-based segmentation of our SMB audience
- Work with Product Management and business teams to define the products we need to bring to market to better meet SMB needs and
- Develop your existing team and partner with the business to grow product marketing support across new lines of business to extend the impact of your team
- Build a trusted partnership with product and business leaders on merchant to influence the product roadmap to deliver on merchant needs through new features and programs
- Define and manage comprehensive go-to-market plans including development of product positioning, communication of value proposition, launch strategy, PR, sales and partner materials
- Collaborate with sales leadership to translate core product value propositions into sales channel collateral and collaborate with internal and external creative partners to drive the creation of those materials
- Lead complex cross-functional teams to execute marketing programs at scale, including partnering with Product Management, Engineering, Comms, Strategy & Ops, Finance, Analytics, CRM and Growth Marketing
We’re excited about you because…
- BA, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of professional experience in marketing in a corporate or startup environment
- 3+ years of leadership experience managing and developing talent
- Experience building teams and departments from the ground up and comfort with the ambiguity that comes along with that
- Proven track record of driving successful go-to-market launches that drive adoption and bottom line impact
- Fluency with data - including market/segment sizing, forecasting, and working with analytics to understand efficacy of campaigns after the fact
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.