About the Team
DoorDash's mission is to grow and empower local economies. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash connects people with the local businesses they care about - helping grow businesses and the communities that support those businesses.
To further this mission, DoorDash is building a best in class Creative Department. We will be populated by diverse, eclectic talent that inspires and creates. We take risks, challenge each other, and inspire new ways of thinking. We're here to create groundbreaking work that we, our partners, and the entire DoorDash community can be immensely proud of. We're here to do the best work of our lives.
About the Role
To further our mission, we're looking for a stellar brand designer. You'll help build and evolve the DoorDash brand. You have a passion for design and understand the importance of strategic design solutions. You are versatile; whether it's creating a new brand system, the perfect icon, the right type hierarchy or helping craft the right photography or video direction.You'll have opportunities to design across channels and media and for multiple audiences, from digital to print to environmental. You will create strategic, conceptual, on-brand designs and look for ways to push our visual branding further. You are comfortable expressing your design process, thinking and solutions. Your work will set the expectations of what great design is, not only within the walls of DoorDash, but the entire creative industry. No project is too big or small, you have a high standard and an enthusiasm to do great work no matter where it lives.
What You'll Do
- Help evolve our design language, systems and guidelines
- Create assets for multiple channels (web, product, email, in-store, OOH, environmental)
- Make in every medium: from print, to digital, to motion/video, to environments and apparel
- Inspire graphic and typographic craft throughout the company
- Contribute wherever needed
- Operate at a rapid pace while never compromising the craft
- Contribute to an environment that fosters remarkable design and creativity
- Ensure quality output in everything you do
- Collaborate within the team and with multiple partners at DoorDash
- 4+ years of design experience.
- In-house, studio or agency background and a proven ability to create work for a variety of audiences, brands, and industries
- Strong understanding of brand design systems and best practices
- You will manage your portion of the work at the project level and ensuring quality output in everything you do
- A portfolio of incredible design work across media
- Excellence in typography, color, layout, and composition.
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable presenting your work, both internally and client-facing. We want you to produce great design and feel confident expressing your ideas.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, Figma and other design tools
- Experience across motivated, agile teams
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
- We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
- This job is remote friendly.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.