About the Team
DoorDash is building the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery. We are seeing hypergrowth and expanding our Engineering offices globally! We are looking for Founding Engineers to join our Toronto office and to work on building and maintaining a large scale 24x7 global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash's 3-sided marketplace of Consumers, Merchants and Dashers.
About the Role
- Join as a founding member of our high growth Toronto Engineering Team.
- Help deliver key product features and our global expansion workstreams.
- Work on developing, releasing and running large-scale web applications.
- Improve performance, reliability, scalability and security of our backend systems.
- Help onboard and mentor other engineers as they join the team and grow in their career.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Join a fast growing company and grow right along with us.
- Work on challenging and interesting tech problems which impact millions of customers.
- Get the chance to work on cutting edge technologies and use world class tooling to get the job done.
- Make a large impact across the company through business deliverables and continuous innovation.
- Work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry with the deepest sense of empathy.
- Get support and resources to continuously learn and improve your skills.
What We're Looking For
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Prior experience working with backend tech stacks
- Able to analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Experience with service oriented architecture, writing REST API's, unit testing, and architectural design
- Understanding of modern web stacks and architecture (HTTP, REST)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases and other technologies (e.g. Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ)
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.