About the Team
One of the goals of the Business Intelligence team at DoorDash is to build and maintain database solutions used for daily/weekly/monthly reporting. By designing dashboards, reporting structures, and data warehouse architecture, this team serves as the foundation for DoorDash’s decision-making.
This team at DoorDash plays a critical role in building and maintaining dashboards used by a variety of teams across the organization, including sales, marketing, operation, and executive teams. This role will interface with a number of business stakeholders who make data-driven decisions on a daily basis.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a highly motivated individual with hands-on Tableau Developer experience to build Tableau dashboards that will be used by teams across the organization. This person will participate in the definition of the strategy around reporting tools usage at DoorDash. This person will work closely with business partners to facilitate fast and effective decision making through data visualization and insights.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Provide expertise in a complex Tableau environment that supports an evolving set of products and business needs.
- Execute on technical goals with timeliness and quality
- Work with teams to automate reporting and build a strong reporting architecture
- Own and manage a portfolio of our tools which empower analysts and data scientists across the company
- Continuously optimize pipeline jobs to hit performance targets
- Interested in shopping reporting tool strategy at the organization level
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years experience working in business intelligence, analytics, data engineering, or a similar role
- Experience designing, developing and implementing complex Tableau dashboards and reports.
- Experience working with other reporting tools such as Looker, Microstrategy, Superset, etc. is a huge plus
- An ability to code complex SQL queries. Python a plus
- Knowledge of relational databases (Snowflake, Redshift, PostgreSQL) and big data structures
- Experience using and building solutions to support multiple reporting and data user tools.
- Advanced data visualization and SQL skills
- Experience with Airflow a plus
- Hands-on leader and help the team internalize best practices by example with experience working with teams to assess their data needs
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash engineering blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.