DoorDash's product design team is looking for an experienced Localization Specialist to help lead our UX content efforts for the Japanese market. You'll act as the expert on all three of our local audiences (Consumers, Dashers, and Merchants) and work to ensure their needs are properly accounted for in our product and design strategy.
You'll also help build our Japanese language library and content system, and work with a cross-functional team to ensure our content is translated and implemented with the highest degree of accuracy.
What You'll Do
- Act as the UX advocate for local users to inform our product and design strategies
- Build and maintain our Japanese language library and content system
- Help manage our translation process to ensure accuracy and timely execution
What We're Looking For
- Minimum 4-5 years of localization and content experience focused on a Japanese speaking audience with a strong portfolio of end-to-end projects
- Native fluency in Japanese (spoken and written) and business fluency in English
- A firm understanding of Japanese cultural norms and e-commerce trends
- Excellent storytelling and communication skills
- Self-awareness and a 'can-do' attitude
- Flexibility to work on local Japanese time and schedules as needed
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Check out the Design Team blog or the DoorDash Corporate blog to learn more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.