About the team…
The Trust and Safety role improves the quality of DoorDash operations through adjudication of background checks and insurance claims, investigation of safety incidents, and implementation of quality measures for users. On-demand food delivery has many advantages; however, there are extremely challenging logistics to ensure DoorDash is delivering the best service to the Customers, Dashers, and Merchants.
Trust and Safety presents a united front to protect the experience of Merchants, Customers and Dashers while solving these logistics challenges. This team's work helps in building internal and external relationships while protecting DoorDash's brand. We work with our internal partners to solve and reduce escalations, monitor daily quality, improve response times, and drive tool usage and efficiencies. At DoorDash we empower our teams to focus on creating an amazing experience for our Merchants, Customers, and Dashers. This is a tremendous opportunity to join a fast-growing team that is hyper-focused on improving the quality of DoorDash's operations.
About the role…
The Trust and Safety Representative is always looking for ways to help the team become more efficient by streamlining processes and identifying issues and resolutions. You can use logic to make informed decisions that help ensure that our Customers, Dashers, and Merchants have the best experience possible on the DoorDash platform. Reporting into the Trust and Safety Supervisor, the Trust and Safety Representative is someone that has high-bandwidth and is proficient in the following areas:
- Investigations, scheduling calls, conducting follow ups, and summarizing findings
- Supporting customers over phone and email, while referencing internal policies to reach desired outcomes
- Navigating the different channels of an investigation while keeping partners updated
- Identifying trends and root-causes
- Performing analysis to make informed decisions
- Handling information and investigations of sensitive nature with an empathetic approach
- Project management
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Manage incoming reports from customers and dashers to provide a high-quality and empathetic response
- Investigate and evaluate complex cases to understand areas where DoorDash can improve
- Develop expertise in how DoorDash's processes and resources work, and how to use them to promote positive outcomes
- Demonstrate relationship-building with peers and company leaders
- Work with the Strategy & Operations and Product teams to problem solve and build solutions that address quality issues upstream
- Improve our operational processes so we can support all portions of our business
- 3+ years of work experience in high demand environment
- Data competency, including the ability to answer inquiries from internal partners
- Proficiency in identifying trends and product/operational countermeasures
- Proficiency in operating autonomously while working with internal partners
- An eye for product improvements, and the ability to partner with product and engineering to get them into the roadmap, and analyze their impact
- Top-notch grammar, spelling, and the ability to compose communications both formally and casually using DoorDash's brand voice and tone
- Experience with adjudications, case work and government documents
- Optimism in the face of challenges and negative situations
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent amount of work experience
- Chartio and SQL experience is beneficial
We're Excited About You Because…
- You are motivated and have a passion to take on more than your daily responsibilities
- You are unafraid of change and taking on new workflows and responsibilities as our team evolves
- You are responsible -- you can track your progress towards goals, and will ask for help or communicate upwards if you run into any problems
- You are curious -- you love investigating and can get to the lowest level of detail when solving a problem
- You are customer-centric and you love helping people
Why you'll love working at DoorDash
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of "Delivering Good"
- We problem solvers, creative thinkers, and always trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We take what we do seriously. We don't take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to promoting new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 3,300 cities across the United States and Canada.
We want to share our revolutionary logistics technology with every business around the world, to refine how our cities and local economies work. Make no mistake, it isn't going to be easy, and our mission isn't for the faint of heart. But if you're daring, and you want to make a dent, let's chat. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.