About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to play a pivotal role in building our business in Japan! This is an exciting opportunity to create something great together and be a part of a global startup changing how local economies grow. We’re looking for people with deep market knowledge who are inspired to bring their vision, passion and skills to enable us to best serve our merchants, Dashers and consumers. Join us in our global mission to empower and grow local economies.
About the Role
Strategy & Operations Associates are the heart and soul of DoorDash. The team are responsible for the development and growth of our business, Associates are critical to the success of DoorDash!
In a typical day, Strategy & Operations Associates may complete a variety of tasks such as devising and executing experiments to drive company growth, diving into data to explain market performance at the lowest level of detail, building reports, models, and tools that allow teams to scale their work 10x, and working side-by-side with our Engineering / Product teams to develop our future product.
Our best Strategy & Operations Associates are self-motivated, highly analytical, data-driven, and have exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills. They're generalists who are willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to make the business successful.
What you'll do…
- Engage – implement initiatives and best practices to ensure a world-class operation (i.e. make sure we have Dashers on the road, where we need them, when we need them).
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from delivery times to the selection of merchants on the platform.
- Analyse – Build models to evaluate the costs and benefits of various programs and experiments
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Operations, Product, Engineering, and Analytics teams to improve the experience and achieve the market goals
We’re excited about you because you have…
- 2+ years’ experience in consulting, strategy, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- A bias towards action and are able to thrive in a constantly changing environment
- Problem solving skills – You can translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- Accountability - You can own outcomes and make an impact on our most critical growth and profitability metrics
- Entrepreneurialism – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- Generalist experience – You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- Influencing and motivational skills from working with people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- Track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Advanced modelling + Excel skills and familiarity with SQL is a big plus
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favourite local and national businesses in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to thrive.