Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on experienced engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
At DoorDash, our software engineers work on everything from backend systems to beautiful and thoughtful user interfaces, to scaling products that will automate human processes and make deliveries happen as fast as possible.
About the Team
The Core Infrastructure organization builds and operates reliable, scalable and repeatable cloud infrastructure for DoorDash developers to ship great products quickly and reliably.
The observability team within Core Infrastructure builds and operates systems to provide introspection into the health and performance of all DoorDash systems and services. These observability systems are used by all DoorDash developers!
About the Role
Your responsibilities include:
- Infrastructure projects that improve observability tools and platforms: metrics, dashboarding, alerting, logging, application performance management, blackbox monitoring, distributed tracing
- Developing and maintaining our in house developed systems to reduce MTTD, MTTR and root cause investigation
- Partnering with our observability vendors to improve their products to meet DoorDash needs
- Working with engineering teams to define our observability strategy with a strong emphasis on open source libraries, data formats and query languages
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Join a growing company and grow right along with us.
- Take on significant technical challenges and have a large impact.
- Have the ability to shape and improve our engineering culture.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have at least 5 years experience as a backend software engineer
- You have experience building and operating infrastructure at scale
- You love systems and software and are competent in both
- You apply a product mindset to infrastructure systems
- Providing deep introspection into the health and performance of systems and services is exciting to you
Nice to have...
Experience with these specific technologies or similar alternatives is not required but helpful.
- Prometheus based monitoring systems
- Opentracing, Zipkin, Jaeger or similar distributed tracing implementations
- Backend service development in Golang, Kotlin and/or Python
- Fluent Bit and Fluentd
- AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes and Helm
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.