Document Control and Knowledge Manager
About the Team
Chowbotics is at the forefront of bringing automation into the food industry as part of DoorDash. We develop and ship robots that enable convenience through food automation. Our robots are often characterized as compact micro-restaurants that can provide customizable, fresh, healthy meals in closer proximity to consumers than any other food source. We are a team of engineers and manufacturing innovators that have exciting plans for scaling and developing new and more advanced food robots.
About the Role
Work with engineering, operations, and supply chain departments to create and maintain technical document control and knowledge systems including files, drawings and databases both for the company knowledge management system and for the manufacture or purchase of assemblies and components.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Maintain engineering, design and product data documents as needed, ensuring historical records / file accuracy.
- Administer and maintain the Arena Document Control application, train users, set the tone for standards of documentation.
- Drive the Engineering Change Order (ECO) program.
- Collaborate with other departments to structure knowledge management and document control tools for greatest efficiency.
- Initiate use of the document control and knowledge management systems across the organization.
- Manage and support the technical publications within the HW Engineering organization, creating a solid branding approach to tech pubs.
- Support and continually evangelize the knowledge management system throughout the company.
We’re excited about you because…
- Familiarity with drawings, technical documentation, and basic concepts of document tracking (versions, revisions, engineering change numbers, etc.)
- Understanding of industry standards and information system standards.
- A BS or MS in Library Science
- A passion or interest in applying new technologies (i.e. Wikis) to managing knowledge.
- Knowledge of electrical and / or electro-mechanical components, and their descriptions and basic functions.
- Strong computer skills as well as excellent interpersonal, critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills, and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Experience with some of the following programs: Illustrator, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, or Altium.
- Previous manufacturing documentation work experience and/or a library science education.
- Experience managing ECOs and other manufacturing knowledge.
- Previous experience as a technical writer in the English language.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.