About the Team
At DoorDash, our software engineers work on everything from backend systems to user interfaces, to scaling products that automate human processes and make deliveries happen as fast as possible. The CICD team is part of the Core Infrastructure organization that builds and operates reliable, scalable and repeatable cloud infrastructure for DoorDash developers to ship great products quickly and reliably.
The CICD team focuses on how to get all the work of our development teams safely and quickly into our production environments. They have a wide skill set, including coding, systems design, architecture, integration, and overall understanding of scale and developer productivity. The systems and tools they build are used by all DoorDash developers!
About the Role
Your responsibilities include:
- Driving the vision and strategy for the CICD team
- Lead projects that make the process of shipping code to production a fast and enjoyable experience whilst protecting our customer experience
- Build, sustain, and grow a diverse team to address the growing needs of the organization with a positive and supportive work culture
- Inspiring your team and others with technical vision and customer obsession
- Coaching, mentoring and providing career guidance
- Rolling up your sleeves with hands on contributions when necessary
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Make DoorDash the best place to develop services and applications
- Have the ability to improve all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Enable all DoorDash developers to launch great products for our customers
- Work with stakeholders and infrastructure teams to keep us close to the cutting edge of technology
- Join a growing company and grow right along with us
We’re excited about you because…
- You have at least 3 years experience in an engineering management role
- You have experience defining team strategy in a growing engineering organization
- You have experience working on developer tools as an individual contributor
- You apply a product mindset to infrastructure
- You love systems and software and are competent in both
- You are a leader, coach and enjoy creating opportunities for others
- You are organized and an excellent written and verbal communicator
Nice to have…
Experience with these specific technologies or similar alternatives is not required but helpful.
- Jenkins and Groovy
- Tool and service development in Java, Kotlin, Python and/or Golang
- Kubernetes and Helm
- AWS and Terraform
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.