DoorDash Drive is our company’s hypergrowth fulfillment platform serving restaurants, grocers and retailers across the United States and Canada.
The Director & General Manager of Drive New Verticals will help steer the company’s effort to build capabilities that unlock new fulfillment opportunities for Drive.
The last-mile delivery market is projected to expand rapidly in the next five years, and DoorDash is making meaningful strides to become a leader in this sector.
What You’ll Do
- Steer the development, adoption and scaling of new verticals and business opportunities
- Alongside the Director, Drive Retail & New Verticals, and an all-star team of peers, steer research efforts into the financial and operational drivers of businesses in the fulfillment sector and for new verticals & capabilities
- Develop long term business plans alongside our collaborators and customers to grow our businesses together
- Build new capabilities for DoorDash to support new customer segments
- Execute product testing and roll-outs on the ground
- Scale a team once product-market fit is established
- Collaborate with stakeholders across DoorDash to align companywide resources to help build-out our fulfillment business
- Self-starter; someone who can manage and execute projects to completion
- First class communication skills
- Maintain a careful balance between attention to detail and swift execution
- Has a strong bias for action
- Represents the DoorDash brand with humility and a customer-first mindset
- Collaborates effectively with cross-functional team members across the organization
- Displays a high degree of ownership for their projects and fellow team members
- Can be humble and scrappy to service our partners on tight timelines, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, Masters Degree or MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in consulting, finance, strategy, business development or operations experience
- 5+ years of leadership and management experience
- High-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- Strong analytical and execution background - ability to identify and implement growth opportunities
- Business Development and Partnerships experience a plus
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.