Chowbotics is at the forefront of bringing automation into the food industry as part of DoorDash. We develop and ship robots that enable convenience through food automation. Our robots are often characterized as compact micro-restaurants that can provide customizable, fresh, healthy meals in closer proximity to consumers than any other food source. We are a team of engineers and innovators that have exciting plans for scaling and developing cloud-managed advanced food robots.
We are looking for a high-caliber Java developer to join our Chowbotics team in Pune, India. In this role, you will develop the backend software that powers our food robots and interfaces with robots’ firmware, payment service, tablet app, networking, and communication with the cloud backend.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to the development of our robot backend software, including integration with third-party payment services.
- Write clean, efficient, well-documented, and reliable code.
- Write unit tests and automate execution of test cases to ensure that code quality meets a minimum set standard.
- Debug issues reported from the field and develop elegant solutions.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Strong foundation in computer science and engineering: algorithms, data structures, object-oriented programming, databases, design patterns, networking, REST APIs, etc.
- 3+ years of experience as a software developer with fluency in Java.
- Experience in implementing unit tests and excellent debugging skills.
- A team player with ability to work well with remote team members.
- Excellent English communication skills and a flair for working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
Nice to Have
- Experience with programming in Java and Kotlin on Android.
- Familiarity with Gradle, Sqlite DB, Dagger, and Device Farm.
- Familiarity with MQTT or AWS IoT.
- Experience with Raspberry Pi and C#.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.