Chowbotics is at the forefront of bringing automation into the food industry as part of DoorDash. We develop and ship robots that enable convenience through food automation. Our robots are often characterized as compact micro-restaurants that can provide customizable, fresh, healthy meals in closer proximity to consumers than any other food source. We are a team of engineers and innovators that have exciting plans for scaling and developing cloud-managed advanced food robots.
We are looking for a high-caliber software engineer with a go-getter attitude and a passion for IoT and embedded systems to join our Chowbotics team in Pune, India. You will play a key role in enabling our customers to process payment from their patrons when they order food from our robots. You will develop, package, and maintain software on Raspberry Pi to build integration with a variety of Point of Sale (POS) terminals and payment processing solutions and enable remote management, debugging, and logging.
What You’ll Do
- Study API and SDK documentation from multiple POS and payment processing vendors to understand the requirements for integrating with those solutions.
- Write clean, efficient, well-documented, and reliable code, and reusable libraries on Raspberry Pi.
- Piece together the procured hardware and test it along with your software to create an end-to-end functional payment solution for our robot.
- Manage and maintain production images for fast and reliable deployment.
- Write unit tests and automate execution of test cases to ensure that code quality meets a minimum set standard.
- Debug issues reported from the field and develop elegant solutions.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Strong foundation in computer science and engineering: algorithms, data structures, object-oriented programming, databases, design patterns, networking, REST APIs, etc.
- 3+ years of experience as a software developer and excellent debugging skills.
- Hands-on development experience on Raspberry Pi.
- Good understanding and ease of working in a Linux environment.
- Comfort in working with different types of embedded hardware.
- Excellent English communication skills and a flair for working in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment.
- Ability to work well with remote team members, including in overseas locations.
Nice to Have
- Hands-on development experience in C#.
- Familiarity with Mono .NET framework.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.