*** SF / PHX / NYC candidates only. Thanks! ***
DoorDash is hiring an exceptional and experienced Product Counsel to join our growing legal team. You will be the lead lawyer for various merchant and consumer product teams.
About the Role
As Product Counsel, you’ll have a broad range of responsibilities providing legal guidance on product development initiatives. You will serve as the main legal advisor to product, engineering, and strategy & operations teams that build innovative features, products, and services for our consumers and merchants. You’ll become an expert on our existing products and help shape the development of new technologies (TL;DR: exciting stuff!). And as a member of a lean product counseling team at a dynamic and fast-growing company, you’ll have ample opportunity to work on a variety of other legal issues, partnering with teams across the company.
About the Team
We’ve built a strong reputation within the company for our confident, supportive approach to counseling, always with a bias for action. We’re team players and we’re always looking for ways to grow and excel together. Join us!
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Provide various product, engineering, and strategy & operations teams with pragmatic day-to-day and strategic advice to minimize legal risks while advancing business goals and initiatives
- Serve as the lead product attorney for various consumer and merchant products advising on laws and regulations relating to payments, tax, unfair trade practices, and more
- Serve as liaison between your product teams and relevant legal team experts (such as our team’s experts in privacy and data security, IP, litigation, and commercial counseling)
- Synthesize input from outside counsel, your own research, and feedback from internal stakeholders to provide practical guidance applicable to the teams you advise
We’re excited about you because…
- You’re able to work autonomously while exercising sound judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- You love technology and like to discuss the technical details.
- You have a proven ability to balance legal risk and business objectives.
- You have a positive attitude and high EQ. No job is too big or too small!
- JD from top law school, admitted to any state bar
- 5-7+ years legal experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department, with at least two years focused on product counseling
- Familiarity with launching products and advising on the legal and regulatory aspects of product development in the technology space
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage projects effectively
- Experience with commercial contracts preferred
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 4,000 cities across the United States, Canada, and Australia. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.