About the Team
The Data Engineering team is responsible for building the data processing and reporting infrastructure that powers company-wide insights and operational intelligence. By designing and implementing scalable data pipelines, data warehouses and reporting platforms, the data engineering team serves as the foundation for decision-making at DoorDash.
DoorDash’s marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers generates massive amounts of data that we use to fuel our marketing, logistic, and economic strategies. The Data Integration Engineering team is dedicated to building scalable integrations between DoorDash and our partners in order for that data-driven ecosystem thrive.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Data Engineering Manager, Data Integrations to guide the development of enterprise-scale data integration solutions. This manager will also act as a technical expert on all things related to data automation to empower the greater community of data engineers, data scientists, and DoorDash partners.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Drive the technical and strategic vision for our data integration infrastructure in order to meet current and future needs for scale and interoperability
- Continuously improve our data architecture and development process by breaking down large systems into common, reusable components
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the entire company as well as external partners
- Split your time between hands on development and managerial tasks including attracting, mentoring and retaining a high performing team
- Establish and own governance around release & deployment, monitoring, and reliability to ensure that data meets our high quality standards
We’re excited about you because you have…
- 10+ years of experience working in data engineering, business intelligence or a related domain
- 4+ years of hands-on management experience
- Experience working with second and third parties to implement data integrations
- Hands-on approach to closing gaps in data infrastructure and technical execution, able to code in SQL and Python
- Experience with Snowflake, Redshift, PostgreSQL and/or other DBMS platforms
- Experience with AWS Simple Storage Service (S3), Lambda, Identity and Access Management concepts, or an equivalent public cloud provider
- Familiarity with open source frameworks such as Spark, Presto, Terraform, message queue and streaming technologies
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills, with a proven ability to operate in a fast moving environment
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do — on every project, every day
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash engineering blog or at www.doordash.com.