About the Team
Chowbotics is at the forefront of bringing automation into the food industry as part of DoorDash. We develop and ship robots that enable convenience through food automation. Our robots are often characterized as compact micro-restaurants that can provide customizable, fresh, healthy meals in closer proximity to consumers than any other food source. We are a team of engineers and innovators that have exciting plans for scaling and developing cloud-managed advanced food robots.
About the Role
We are looking for a high-caliber frontend software developer with a go-getter attitude to join our Chowbotics team in Pune, India. In this role, you will get the opportunity to build user interfaces for our food robots, mobile application, and next-generation cloud-based management platform, and deliver a world-class user experience to our customers and their patrons.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Contribute to the frontend development of our robot tablet app, mobile app, and Web portals.
- Fight for delivering the best user experience through technical and product decisions.
- Write clean, efficient, well-documented, and reliable code.
- Write unit tests and automate execution of test cases to ensure that code quality meets a minimum set standard before it is handed to the software testing team.
- Debug issues reported from the field and develop solutions.
We’re excited about you because…
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience as a frontend developer, including hands-on experience in React Native.
- Passion for building reliable, intuitive, and delightful user experiences.
- Working knowledge of best practices for building mobile-responsive user interfaces.
- Familiarity with RESTful web services and APIs and related technologies, e.g., CORS, JSON, and HTTPS.
- Experience in implementing unit tests and excellent debugging skills.
- A team player and a flair for working in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment.
- Good English verbal and written communication skills.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.