About the Role
At DoorDash, we’re obsessed with every detail of the customer experience. We believe that our long term success is rooted in “focusing on the distribution” and striving to make every single customer interaction flawless. The Customer Experience team is responsible for the front lines of this goal -- we’re building tools, technologies and processes to ensure that our customers walk away from every interaction feeling cared for and satisfied.
We’re hiring a Product Operations Specialist to own the process of collecting, triaging, and resolving the software issues that our customers (consumers, merchants and dashers) encounter as they transact on our platform. You’ll work cross-functionally with teams throughout the organization to help shrink the feedback loop from discovery -> resolution on issues across all of our audiences. Along the way, you’ll build transparent, repeatable processes and help strengthen our culture of continuous improvement.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Own Customer Experience “Fixit” Execution. You’ll work with cross-functional stakeholders in the Customer Experience Operations teams, as well as PMs, EMs and ops stakeholders across the company to find and resolve our most important product defects
- Create Transparent and Repeatable Processes. You’ll build repeatable programs that simplify and accelerate the process of fixing defects across the company. You’ll help bring product and engineering teams across the company together on our mission of “1% better every day” and how it applies to defects
- Planning & Execution Optimization. You’ll drive optimizations related to planning product and engineering objectives and key results, develop frameworks for team execution/ tracking and provide visibility to resource allocation/prioritization to management.
We’re excited about you because…
- 3-5 years of recent experience as a Product Operations Specialist, Technical Project Manager or Technical Program Manager at a technology company.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a software development organization that builds large-scale distributed systems.
- Minimum 2 years working with teams that ship products/features to consumers.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with confidence, clarity, and focus. Able to convey concepts and considerations to non-experts and experts alike.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. A willingness to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details to understand and drive your programs.
- Direct engagement with Engineering teams on product development with a thorough understanding of software development processes including Agile.
- Project planning/execution skills that include reviewing technical design documents, estimating, and scheduling.
- Excellent attention to detail and understanding of impact when changes occur to scope or timeline.
- Experience working in a startup environment desired.
- Bachelor's Degree
- PMP or similar certification is a plus
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.