About the Team
The DoorDash Tax team is one of the essential functions involved in helping guide our exponential growth. The Tax team is involved in the operations of the business that impact Dashers, Merchants and Customers. As an important partner to the business, we are involved at the front-end on plans for new products or country expansions, and integrated with the other functions in the Finance team. As DoorDash continues to expand its product offerings and global footprint, the successful adoption and maintenance of scalable technology solutions continues to grow in importance.
About the Role
- Oversee and guide the implementation of end-to-end indirect tax technology solutions,
- Stay current on company's expansion plans, both within the US and internationally, to ensure appropriate technological solutions are in place to support the company's plans
- Manage and provide quality assurance of ongoing indirect tax technologies and related processes
- Support and direct a team of professionals
You will be build successful relationships within Tax and across the broader company, implement automated and scalable technological solutions to support the rapid expansion of both products and countries, develop an understanding of our product offerings, financial results, and operating model.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
You will report to the VP of Tax as the leader and manager of the tax technology function and will:
- Build an expanding team of tax technology professionals
- Plan the growth of indirect tax systems to meet the needs of the company's expansion plans
- Support and design analytical tools to meet the needs of the indirect tax compliance function
- Work with all resources to convey the tax technology requirements related to product and geographic expansion plans
- Work with the indirect tax team to ensure technological solutions are fit for purpose for both indirect tax compliance and related accounting
- Provide expertise to a variety of teams including Finance, Engineering, Product and Accounting
- Implement a governance and quality assurance model for tax systems
We're excited about you because…
- 15+ years of tax technology experience, either at a public accounting firm or a multinational company, with an understanding of indirect tax systems and laws
- A technical tax background that enables you to develop and lead the implementation of tax strategies
- Experience driving the implementation of tax technology solutions from conceptual design and financial justification/value proposition through to full implementation, including overall project management
- Experience with sales and use tax marketplace facilitator rules in the U.S.
- A ability to research and communicate both tax and technological issues to non-tax team members and work across all teams
- Ability to convey complex tax topics in a non-technical manner and work with other functions within the company
- The ability to hire and mentor others in the tax technology function
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.