Chowbotics is at the forefront of bringing automation into the food industry as part of DoorDash. We develop and ship robots that enable convenience through food automation. Our robots are often characterized as compact micro-restaurants that can provide customizable, fresh, healthy meals in closer proximity to consumers than any other food source. We are a team of engineers and innovators that have exciting plans for scaling and developing cloud-managed advanced food robots.
Our customers are at the forefront of our product strategy and we deeply believe that delivering a remarkable customer experience is synonymous to business success in the long run. This is where you come in. We are looking to hire an exceptional UI/UX designer to create a world-class user experience for our customers and their patrons. You will get to work on varied design problems such as: 1) designing the Chowbotics cloud portal to enable our customers to manage their fleet of food robots and the food experience they can offer, and 2) designing the touch-screen tablet application interface on our food robots, used by patrons to browse, order, and pay for their meals.
What You’ll Do
- Actively practice and evangelize customer-centric design thinking.
- Deeply understand business goals, distill them into design problems, and come up with elegant solutions.
- Own and drive the end-to-end process for solving UI/UX design problems: ideate, conceptualize, design, test and refine.
- Use quantitative data and qualitative feedback to inform the design decisions iteratively.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of product managers, software engineers, customer success managers, and marketeers to design intuitive and engaging user experience for Chowbotics products.
- Create user scenarios, user journey workflows, wireframes, UI designs and interactive prototypes throughout software product development lifecycle.
- Deliver hi-fidelity design mockups and assets ready for software frontend development.
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of hands-on UI/UX design experience in Web and mobile responsive apps.
- A strong design portfolio showcasing your problem solving skill and high design caliber.
- Fluency in contemporary design aesthetics, paradigms, and tools.
- You are creative, detail-oriented, and methodical with a passion for user-centered design.
- You are self-motivated with a go-getter attitude who can work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, result-oriented work environment.
- You are a self-aware and humble team player who is a great partner to work with for cross-functional teams.
- You are an excellent storyteller and communicator.
- Must be able to work out of the Chowbotics Pune office as necessary.
Nice to Have
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in design or a certification in UI/UX design or HCI from a renowned design institute.
- Design experience in the food or e-commerce industry.
- Familiarity with accessibility in design or designing for ADA compliance.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more at www.doordash.com or on
DoorDash Design website: https://doordash.design/
DoorDash Design blog: https://medium.com/design-doordash
DoorDash blog: https://blog.doordash.com/
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.