Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on experienced engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
At DoorDash, our software engineers work on everything from backend systems to beautiful and thoughtful user interfaces, to scaling products that will automate human processes and make deliveries happen as fast as possible.
About the Team
The mission of the Database and Messaging team is to build and operate online stateful systems that are reliable, scalable, and easy to use for the rest of DoorDash engineering. The team is responsible for understanding the product engineering’s evolving requirements and evaluating and productionizing the technologies that would serve the company effectively in the long run. The team currently supports Amazon Aurora, Cassandra, CockroachDB, Kafka, and ElastiCache.
About the Role
Your responsibilities include:
- Owning and improving the reliability, operability of our databases, caching, and messaging infrastructure.
- Develop conventions on production readiness and promote operational excellence.
- Rolling up your sleeves with hands on designing, coding, configuring, debugging, and monitoring.
- Automating most common operations, building tools to improve the reliability and observability of our infrastructure.
- Maintaining a positive and supportive work culture.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Join a growing company and grow right along with us.
- Take on significant technical challenges and have a large impact.
- Have the ability to shape and improve our engineering culture.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 3+ years experience in a role to improve the reliability, scalability, performance of distributed systems.
- You have hands-on operating experience with RDBMS, NoSQL, caching, search, or queuing.
- You have experience with incident response, disaster recovery, and in making systems highly available.
- You are good at collaborating and communicating with the team as well as customers.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.