Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on experienced engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
At DoorDash, our software engineers work on everything from backend systems to beautiful and thoughtful user interfaces, to scaling products that will automate human processes and make deliveries happen as fast as possible.
About the Team
The Developer Platform org’s mission is to scale and empower DoorDash’s engineers by building a delightful and productive developer experience - empowering them to do their work quickly and confidently. Developer Platform will solve DoorDash’s top engineering challenges across two pillars: Productivity and Platforms. With the toolset and infrastructure Developer Platform puts in place, every engineer will feel empowered rather frustrated, boosting productivity to greater heights. They will feel like they can move at lightning speed through the codebase and deliver their features in record time. On top of this, the platforms that engineers build on will be performant, reliable, modern and testable. They will have everything an engineer needs to be greater every day and be customer obsessed, leading DoorDash to its full potential.
Our iOS engineers particularly need our help. As a member of the iOS Platform team, you will be focused on modernizing our tech stack, standardizing frameworks, and providing novel ways to scale both the performance of our apps and the productivity of our engineers.
About the Role
Your responsibilities include:
- Leading high-impact tech initiatives that shape how we deliver the mobile experience at DoorDash.
- Focusing on mobile reliability, performance, and scale to enable iOS engineers to seamlessly deliver new customer experiences
- Leveraging cutting edge technologies like Swift, SwiftUI and MVVM+R
- Driving efficiency between Android and iOS, whether it be network, common components, or learnings.
- Inspiring your team and others with technical vision and customer obsession.
- Keeping connected to the iOS community both inside and outside of DoorDash.
- Maintaining a positive and supportive work culture.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Join a growing company and grow right along with us.
- Take on significant technical challenges and have a large impact.
- Have the ability to shape and improve our engineering culture.
- Create and implement industry best practices for web development.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have at least 5 years experience in iOS engineering.
- You have seen scale and know how to lead others to it.
- You have great ideas about iOS platforms that just haven’t found the right company to take a chance yet.
- You have a product mindset and apply that to how you would build out platform services.
- You love systems and software and are competent in both.
- You’re curious and dive deep into different system architectures.
- You are a leader, coach and enjoy creating opportunities for others.
- You are an organized and excellent written and verbal communicator.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.