At DoorDash, our customers are at the center of our product strategy and we believe that an amazing customer experience is the key to our success. The User Experience Research team plays an important role by discovering high-impact insights that allow us to build delight products that address the needs of our three unique audiences - Consumers, Merchants, and Dashers.
The User Experience Research Team is looking for experienced Senior and Staff level UX Researchers to join us in the following areas:
Consumer Experience: You'll surface insights that help determine the strategy of existing products like Food Delivery, Pickup, and DashPass. You'll also help drive bold new bets like Gifting and International Markets.
Dasher Experience: By joining the Dasher team, you'll help improve the experience of the millions of driver's who earn on our platform throughout their entire lifecycle, from onboarding, scheduling, and delivery to tracking earnings and performance.
Merchant Experience: UX Researchers on the Merchant Experience team help the team make the right decisions to ensure our Merchant partners are growing and having the best experience possible.
New Verticals: As a UX Researcher on the New Verticals team, you'll help make the right decisions to establish the strategy behind DoorDash's efforts to offer and deliver goods in new categories like groceries, convenience, essentials, pharmaceuticals, retail, and more.
You will be comfortable managing both high-level strategy and tactical execution; you can also effortlessly switch between the two as needed. You will have experience leveraging insights to build consensus with large cross-functional teams and of building trusted relationships with your product stakeholders. You will report to the Head of UX Research.
What you'll do
- Partner with product managers, designers and other stakeholders to identify and prioritize research questions that will have the most impact on our customers
- Lead end-to-end research projects that help teams to understand DoorDash customers and uncover actionable insights
- Synthesize and communicate insights and recommendations across the company
- Build a trusted partnership with your cross-functional partners to influence the product roadmap to deliver on research insights
- Help others at DoorDash to conduct their own research and make customer-centric decisions
- Be a research thought leader and advocate for our customers
What we are looking for
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience in product research or user experience (UX) research
- 1+ years of experience driving research and product roadmaps
- Hands-on experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience with a wide variety of qualitative research methods is a must
- Ability to define key research questions and objectives, identify appropriate methods, execute studies, and synthesize findings
- Passionate about translating findings into actionable business and product recommendations
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record of successful partnership with product managers, designers, analytics, engineers, and other business partners
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to solve problem in an ambiguous, fast-moving environment
- Experience scaling research practices across an organization that enables others to conduct their own research
- MA/MS or PhD in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Sociology or a related field is preferred, but not required
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Check out what's the latest with DoorDash:
DoorDash Design website: https://doordash.design/
DoorDash Design blog: https://medium.com/design-doordash
DoorDash blog: https://blog.doordash.com/
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.